Friday, August 30, 2013
Saturday, August 24, 2013
For SXSW 2014, I've submitted two panels for consideration. One focuses on the evolution of wearable technology, and the other is a historical look at the electronic music culture that thrived in New Orleans at the beginning of the last decade. Detailed descriptions for each are contained in the links below.
Public voting on panel submissions accounts for 30% of the selection criteria, with the other 70% consisting of evaluation by SXSW staff & advisors. If you can spare a few minutes and find either of these topics interesting, I'd be honored if you could vote for mine.
First, if you don't already have a SXSW account, you'll need to sign up for one first. It's free, and is easy to get setup here:
Voting does require you to be signed into your SXSW account.
Once you get up & running, here are my two talks (1 for SXSW Interactive & 1 for SXSW Music):
SXSW Interactive: "Wearable Technology: From Battlefield To Boardroom"
SXSW Music: "Impact of Electronica in Pre-Katrina New Orleans"
If you find them interesting, please share broadly on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.! You can also post comments or questions directly on the panel pages.
Voting ends on September 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM CT. Thanks in advance for your support, and I'll be updating this post over the next few weeks as selections are finalized.