Sunday, October 25, 2009

JW / Electronica Classics 030: John Digweed Live at Pawn Shop WMC 2007


The Electronica Classics series underwent a tad of a hiatus the past month or two, as I've been wrapped up with a house move & a bit of a medical bout culminating in back surgery. It's that last piece that's led to this week's musical selection.

Since 2000, I've run more miles listening to John Digweed albums and live performances than any other artist. With my back injury, I've been unable to run and it's made me realize just how much value I place on putting on my Nikes, strapping on my iPod, and then heading out to run a few miles while listening to Diggers.

This mix I've selected today is the one I had on my iPod when I ran my first Crescent City Classic 10K race in New Orleans post-Hurricane Katrina. I find it has a song progression that lends itself very well to a 10K pace, with upbeat tracks hitting at just the right time. Of particular note is the track that starts building around the 40 minute mark and peaks some six minutes later.

I encourage you to give it a shot the next time you go out running. Hopefully I can do the same within the next 8 weeks or so!

John Digweed - Live at Pawn Shop Miami WMC 2007

01. Tube & Berger - Funky Shit (Andrea Doria Remix)
02. Fabenlehre - Unbekannt
03. Abyss - Mind Games
04. ID
05. Merkins - I Sleep In Cellotape
06. ID
07. Pryda - Ironman
08. ID
09. Dubfire - Ribcage
10. ID
11. Laurent Garnier - Flashback
12. ID
13. Tom Pooks - Amande Deuce
14. Marco Bailey & Tom Hades - Smooth Driver (Danny Howells Remix)
15. Pryda - Rymd
16. Red Devil - Gamelan (Remix ?)

No comments: