Friday, January 06, 2006

First Round of Book Purchases for 2006

One of my new year resolutions was to read more, and different things from what I normally read, such as blogs, online news stories, and periodicals. So after speaking to friends & family, I developed a list of roughly 60 books that I'm going to start working over the next year to year and a half.

The first wave of books came in from Amazon.com this week:

Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs - Chuck Klosterman;
Why New Orleans Matters - Tom Piazza;
Armed Forces Guide To Personal Financial Planning - Maj Trybula & Lt Col Hewitt;
A History of the American People - Paul Johnson;
Fantastic Voyage - Ray Kurzweil;
The Singularity is Near - Ray Kurzweil;

They represent a nice smattering of interests, from pop culture, to computers, to New Orleans, to history. I figured I should at least vary things up so I don't get bored with the subject matter. At any rate, I'm going to do a little more reading now...

No comments: