Monday, April 13, 2009

JW / Electronica Classics 010: JGriffin Live On WTUL New Orleans

I just got back into town from a weekend in New Orleans for the Crescent City Classic & Easter, so it seemed fitting to pull this mix out of the vault.

This two hour set was broadcast on my alma mater's radio station back during the summer of 2005, less than 2 months before Hurricane Katrina struck. I was living in Delaware when I downloaded this house mix, and it immediately struck a chord with me. The track selection is decidedly upbeat, with elements of jazz & Caribbean steel drums. In short, it really captures the musical diversity of the city.

I've really developed a sentimental attachment to this mix. It was the first music played in both my wife's convertible & my first new car. When I need to get in a positive frame of mind, this is likely the mix I'm going to cue up.

No tracklisting again this week, unfortunately, but I hope you all enjoy this two hour set as much as I have over the years.

Jeremy Griffin - Live on WTUL New Orleans 2005-06-03
Megaupload Link / Rapidshare Link

No comments: