Monday, June 22, 2009

JW / Electronica Classics 019: Thievery Corporation Live at Vienna Jazz Fest


Today's selection showcases one of my favorite electronica acts of all time: Thievery Corporation. As you can see from my Last.fm artist ranking page, I've listened to these guys more over the past 4 years than any other musical act. What can I say? Their music suits me both when I need to study & when I need to relax.

I've had the pleasure of seeing their live act twice: once at the French Quarter House of Blues in 2003 as part of their "Richest Man In Babylon" tour and then at the Voodoo Music Festival in 2008 (pictured above) as they were promoting their "Radio Retaliation" album.

I ran across this particular show recording about a year ago. From what I've read, this was taken directly from the sound board during their performance in Vienna, Austria, at the 2005 Jazz Fest Wien. Enjoy!

Thievery Corporation - Live at Vienna Jazz Fest Wien 2005-07-08
Megaupload Link / Rapidshare Link

01 - Omid (Hope)
02 - Facing East
03 - Lebanese Blonde
04 - Shadows of Ourselves
05 - So Com Voce
06 - Sol Tapado
07 - Liberation Front
08 - 38.45
09 - Meet The Band
10 - Illumination
11 - Revolution Solution
12 - Wires & Watchtowers
13 - Exilio
14 - The Time We Lost Our Way
15 - Marching The Hate Machines

No comments: