Monday, July 13, 2009

JW / Electronica Classics 021: Julius Papp Test Press July 2000


I ran across this mix during the early summer of 2001 after seeing Julius Papp perform at Freak Fest. A few years have gone by since I last thought about it, although I always remembered enjoying the mix starting off with the lyrics, "Tonight, gonna leave the 9 to 5 upon the shelf, and just enjoy yourself."

Having never listened to all of Michael Jackson's earlier work, I was laughably unaware that those lyrics were sampled from the title track of "Off The Wall." As I've caught up on the entirety of Michael Jackson's catalog in the last few weeks following his death, this mix from Julius Papp sprang to mind and seemed like a fitting addition the weekly Classics series.

My attempts to hunt down a track list or other information on this set online have yielded no results. For you house music lovers, feel free to add track IDs in the comments if certain songs jump out at you.

Julius Papp - Test Press 2000-07-13
Megaupload Link / Rapidshare Link

No comments: