Monday, August 02, 2010

I Tweet, Therefore I Am



There was an interesting article (linked below) in the New York Times Magazine over the weekend, suggesting that our perceptions of ourselves are subconsciously being filtered through a public lens.  In short, we are curating how we think internally to ensure it meshes with how we project ourselves externally.  Pretty fascinating stuff.

I definitely think the writer has touched upon something that will be studied more in depth as social media becomes increasingly entrenched in the cycle of human communication.  I'd be interested to hear if others have found themselves "thinking in terms of tweets."  On the whole, I think it's a positive thing, as it encourages brevity & impact.  But I realize this may come at the expense of true introspection.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/magazine/01wwln-lede-t.html

No comments: