Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Writing Wednesday: Twitter Psychological Insights


Some interesting data-driven findings about Twitter are revealed in this study conducted by British psychologists.


I enjoyed the description of "informers vs. meformers" as it relates to tweet content.  I find that my own social graph has a fairly balanced ratio of users who fall into each category.

I'd propose that Twitter as a source of breaking news or emergency response will only continue to grow in importance.  When I want information about something that JUST happened, I always search Twitter first.  Granted, you may end up with content that proves not to be 100% accurate after the dust settles, but no less so than information you'd gather from other sources.  That's just the nature of gathering information quickly.

No comments: