Friday, September 03, 2010

Thirsty Thursday - Saint Arnold Summer Pils

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Bottle

When I went to the Beverage Shoppe earlier this week to pick out a selection for the Thirsty Thursday series, I anticipated choosing more of an autumn-themed brew.  As I looked at the store's offerings, though, the Saint Arnold Summer Pils stood out to me since the looming Labor Day Weekend traditionally signals the end of summer.  It does have a way of catching your eye both in the store and at at a bar due to its tie dyed packaging.

Ever since moving to Texas in 2007, the summers have represented the calm before the storm.  In the summers of 2008 & 2009, I actually had downtime from grad school for at least 4 weeks each year.  My parents also tend to visit Texas from Saudi Arabia during the summers, and my brother has spent each summer with us between semesters at Auburn University.  The busy season at my job is also during the fall.  Since I prefer to support microbreweries, my beer fridge usually has Saint Arnold Summer Pils stocked in it during the summers.  Given that backstory, I've developed a bit of a sentimental connection between the presence of the brew and catching up with the family during downtime.

As Autumn seemingly kicks into full swing next week, indulging in a final six pack of Summer Pils this holiday weekend only seemed appropriate.

Photographs of the bottle enjoyed this evening are illustrated below.

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Carton

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Six Pack

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Six Pack Alternate Angle

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Bottle

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Label

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Neck Label

Saint Arnold Summer Pils Bottle Cap

No comments: